The Magnum III features a number of exciting new upgrades. For vinyl enthusiasts the phono section has been completely redesigned to accommodate both MM and MC cartridges. Two gain settings provide for 45dB and 60dB of gain so you can now use either high or low output cartridges. The Cronus Magnum III phono also has five individual load settings so you can fine tune the phono for optimal results.
A Triode/Ultralinear switch allows for on the fly switching between Ultralinear operation and pure triode. Ultralinear offers the most power and a commanding grip on the bass while triode provides a slightly softer and more romantic sound.
A completely new headphone circuit is based around MOSFET buffers capable of massive current sourcing. The design is basically a simplified single ended version of the Rogue Audio RH-5 headphone amplifier and puts out enough power to drive the most difficult headphones for clean crisp personal audio.
The Cronus Magnum III’s line stage has been improved and has an amazingly low noise floor for a completely black background for your listening.
From a technical standpoint the Cronus uses a triode preamplifier coupled to Rogue Audio’s excellent Atlas Magnum power amplfier. A large oversized linear power supply stores tremendous energy for low frequency response and dynamic headroom. The tube circuitry is cutting edge with short signal paths exacted in a low noise design. Finally, precision components are used to provide the transparency and air that are so critical to accurate musical reproduction.
– 100 WPC
– 20Hz-30KHz bandwidth
– 4 and 8 ohm transformer taps
– Slow start turn on sequencing
– Massive high storage linear (!) power supply
– (2) 12AX7, (3) 12AU7, (4) KT120 output tubes
– Gold plated RCA inputs
– Gold plated binding posts
– Machined aluminum faceplate
– 4 inputs (phono, line 1,2,3)
– 45/60 dB gain phono input +/- 0.1 dB 20Hz – 20KHz
– 2W Headphone amplifier
– Aluminum remote with volume and mute
– Buffered variable outputs (great for subwoofers)!
– Active outputs for subwoofer or biamping
– 4 RCA inputs (phono, line1, line 2, line3)
– All precision components
– Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
– Full tube cage/cover (optional)
– Fully tested, burned-in, and auditioned
– Detachable IEC power cord
– 18″ W x 17.5″D X 6.75″ H (actual)
– 25″ W x22″D X 11″ H x 55 LBs (shipping dimensions)
– power requirements: 120V/240V – 50/60Hz
– Entirely designed and hand built in the USA